The topic of the 5th International Surgery and Surgeons Meet was ‘Disseminating Advance Research and Innovative Technology in the Field of Surgery. It took place in New York, the USA, in 2019, and it lasted from 24th to 25th June.
The meeting aims at gathering prominent surgeons, scientists, research scholars, industrial and pharmacy professionals, and students to share their points of view in terms of innovative technology for future surgery research. This conference gave the enlisted professionals the unique opportunity not only to share their opinions on the given topic but also to discuss any issues that they had faced during surgeries.
The Topics of the Conference
There was a variety of topics at the conference, each of which provided information for a whole session. The number of sessions was ten. Here is a list of the most interesting ones of the covered topics:
- General Surgery;
- Trauma Surgery;
- Robotic Surgery;
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery;
- Orthopedic Surgery;
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery;
Some Interesting Facts Revealed at the Fifth International Surgery and Surgeons Meet
Recent statistics show that surgery has improved a lot since the last century. Now surgery can treat a variety of diseases. However, there are some disturbing facts that we have to overcome globally. The number of people who do not have access to surgery worldwide is 5 billion, which means that 90% of underdeveloped countries cannot afford to offer even essential surgery services.
The International Surgery and Surgeons Meet thrives on providing universal access to safe and at the same time, affordable surgical care as they believe that this will led to saving and sustaining the life of many people. Up to now, they have had some prominent success which is visible in the following facts:
- The ASC (The Global Ambulatory Surgery Center) generated about $67 billion in 2017;
- The market is supposed to grow with 5% by 2024;
- The money spent in America for health care in 2011 was around $2,7 trillion;
- There were about 48 million inpatient surgeries conducted in 2009 in the USA;
Some of the presentations at the Fifth International Surgery and Surgeons Meet were in the forms of posters. The poster is an engaging way to present your project by providing a lot of visuals. All of the Meetings International conferences give their participants a convenient opportunity to show their research in a poster format.
The participants had to follow specific guidelines if they chose to present their work via posters. Some of the most important criteria were:
- The size of the visual had to be: 1×1,5 square meters;
- All margins and edges had to be straight and even;
- The presentations had to include: a title, introduction covering the aims; methods, results, conclusion, references, contact information, and acknowledgments;
- The posters had to focus on graphics, not on the text as they were supposed to encourage discussions;
- Each presentation had to be only 15 minutes long.