Home YSF » YSF Venue & Travel
YSF Venue and Travel
The 16th YSF will be held at the KoruMar De Luxe Hotel (Gazi Beğendi Mevkii, Kuşadası / Aydın, 09400), where all participants of the 16th YSF will stay during the YSF and the FEBS Congress. The hotel is 8−10 minutes by shuttle bus from the FEBS Congress venue (see below).
YSF participants do not need to book a room or pay accommodation fees. The YSF Organizing Committee will take care of the accommodation.
Congress shuttle services:
- Transport between Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport, the YSF venue (KoruMar De Luxe Hotel) and the FEBS Congress venue (Ephesus Convention Center) will be handled by shuttle buses provided to participants free of charge by the FEBS 2016 Organizing Committee.
- Shuttle services will transport YSF participants from Izmir Adnan Menderes International Airport to Kuşadası at the beginning of the YSF and end of the FEBS Congress. Please find the FEBS 2016 desk at your arrival at the airport terminal. The distance between the airport and Kuşadası is 75 km and the journey usually takes 45−50 minutes.
- The schedules for the Congress/YSF shuttle services will be announced at a later stage.
- From Izmir Adnan Menderes Airport, participants may also reach Kuşadası by HAVAŞ (special shuttles handling transportation from airports to city centres), which costs 25 Turkish Liras and usually takes 60−70 minutes. Please download the pdf for departure times and maps. Participants taking HAVAŞ should leave the shuttle at Kuşadası General Hospital (closest stop) which is located at 25 minutes walking distance (1.9 km) from Korumar De Luxe Hotel. Then participants can go by a taxi (5 minutes) to the hotel. Call centre for HAVAŞ: 444 0 487
- Participants travelling to the hotel from Kuşadası city centre should take public transportation shuttle no:1 [Sanayi-Efes Prenses (Kuştur-Tusan)], which will directly bring them to the KoruMar De Luxe Hotel.
- For participants travelling by car from Izmir city centre, it is approximately 102 km from Izmir to Kuşadası and takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Journals from FEBS: FEBS has twin commitments to high-quality publications and the promotion of molecular biosciences. As a charitable academic organization, FEBS uses income from the journals to fund its diverse activities, including support for the FEBS Congress.
IFCC: IFCC auspices have been given to this event.